Saturday, March 30, 2024

 On This Date In Music


1963 - 16 year-old Lesley Gore recorded her breakthrough hit, 'It's My Party' at Bell Studios in New York. That night, her producer Quincy Jones finds out that Phil Spector has recorded the song with his group The Crystals, so Jones rush-releases it to get Gore's version to radio stations first. The song produced by Quincy Jones went on to be a US No. 1.


1963 - The Chiffons started a four week run at No. 1 on the US singles chart with ‘He’s So Fine’. In 1971 George Harrison was taken to court accused of copying the song on his 1970 ‘My Sweet Lord’ and ordered to pay $587,000 to the writers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My wife told me to pick up some ground pork but ..... now I'm scared to go down the isle because I have no idea if that thing bites ... ...