Sunday, September 3, 2023

Well, Hurricane Idalia made a direct hit on my county in Florida, doing extensive damage. Just after the hurricane passed, the county I live in reported a 96% power outage for all customers. I still haven't got power back from the power company but we were fortune enough to have foresaw this several years ago and purchased a Generac whole house generator so we have been living as normal except for internet. It was just restored this afternoon. We had no damage to our home, which is awesome considering we went through both walls of the hurricane and only catching our breath during the 30 minute lull as the eye passed over us. We did lose limbs out of several trees including the top 40 feet out of a huge Southern Magnolia in our front yard. This is the first hurricane of many I have lived through where I was actually concerned about our well-being.

I will spend the next day or two trying to catch up on the happenings. I will go ahead and post "This Date In History" and "Music" for the last few days tonight and will start posting as normal some time tomorrow.

Thanks for sticking around. I hope everyone else effected by the storm is recovering okay.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Fires Punch At Kyle Busch After NASCAR All-Star Race. (To all the Kyle Bitch fans, I’m not trying to say he isn’t a top ...